Galio jewellery is designed to give you lasting pleasure. We pride ourselves in offering you the best service available. To maintain your jewellery's appearance please follow these simple steps:
• Please bring your jewellery in regularly for a check up, at least annually. We will check for loose stones and any signs of wear and recommend any action.
• Always separate items in your jewellery box to prevent them scratching each other
• Clean regularly using a soft toothbrush dipped in warm water and a mild liquid detergent, rinse and pat dry
• Take care, when playing sports, rough work or doing the dishes! Even though precious jewellery is durable, it does become dented and scratched in wear.
• Be aware that gemstones are crystals and can be chipped or cracked through knocking against a hard surface. Some items of jewellery are not suitable for everyday wear – for example emeralds & pearls. These are more susceptible to damage if worn heavily.
• Clean pearls, emeralds and opals with specialist cleaners- ordinary detergents will make them dry out. Emeralds also benefit from a drop of almond oil applied to the back of the stone after cleaning
• Please note: matt finishes will wear off on rings and bangles, they should be regularly maintained using a matting block Please pop into the shop for this to be done or ask a member of staff for more details.
Goods purchased at Galio are guaranteed for one year against manufacturer defects. This does not cover damage caused by inappropriate treatment of goods - violent shock, obvious
knocks or drops.